At the mother and daughter-run Curry with Love, making authentic Indian dishes from scratch is a labour of love and meeting their customer needs a constant focus. Since customers kept asking for a Butter Chicken Curry Kit they set about to create it.
What they realised in the process is that the spices used were almost identical to that of their Tikka Masala Kits! Below you can find their very easy solution to a Butter Chicken recipe.
1 Tikka Masala Kit from ‘Curry with Love’
400g tin chopped tomatoes
200ml double cream
800g chicken (on the bone or diced breast is fine)
1. Heat the butter in a heavy bottomed pan until melted.
2. Add spice pack 1 (from the Tikka Masala Kit).
3. When fragrant, add the chicken and coat in the spices.
4. When the meat is sealed, add the tomatoes.
5. Add spice pack 2 (from the Tikka Masala Kit).
6. Simmer over a low heat until the chicken is tender. (If using chicken on the bone, this could take around 90 minutes. Breast will be quicker, but won’t be as tender).
7. Just before serving, add the double cream and stir well.
Serve with a squeeze of lime. Easy peasy, limey squeezey!!
Visit Curry with Love on SHOPS and take £7.50 off when you spend £25 or more on speciality products today! Special offer ends October 13, 2015!
Note: For the complete story on how this recipe was born or for more exciting curry recipes from Curry with Love, you can visit their blog by clicking here!